Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is a group of 22 states that have come together to develop high-quality student assessments linked to new, more rigorous English language arts (ELA)/literacy and math standards. PARCC is administered to all students in the spring for grades 3-8 to determine students' academic achievement relative to the Illinois Learning Standards. PARCC will enable educators to deepen their understanding of student progress from grade to grade—and just as importantly, identify any gaps in progress so they can address them well before students enter college or the workforce.
ACCESS for ELLs (ACCESS)
The ACCESS for ELLs is an English language proficiency test that measures English language learners' social and academic proficiency in English. It assesses social and instructional English as well as the language associated with language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies within the school context across the four language domains. It is administered annually to all English language learners and within the first 4 weeks of a student's enrollment within a district.
Dynamic Learning Maps
The Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM) project offers an innovative way for all students with significant cognitive disabilities to demonstrate their learning throughout the school year via the DLM Alternate Assessment System. DLMs are administered to students in grades 3-8 and 11-12 for whom participation in the PARCC would not be appropriate due to significant cognitive disabilities. Coordination and administration of the DLM is facilitated by our Special Education Department.
Updated 8-6-2014 10:01 AM
A test that measures a student's acquisition of skill or knowledge gained typically through classroom instruction.
A defined point on a continuum of student performance standards which measure progress toward achievement.
The coordination of all educational components such as student performance standards, curriculum and materials, instruction and assessment. Maximum effectiveness is achieved when all of these components have been developed in alignment by teachers and administrators.
A standardized, norm referenced test that measures innate ability, commonly referred to as IQ. In the past IQ was considered to be static past a certain age, however recent research suggests that intelligence may be a changing process throughout life.
Observations and/or formal assessments such as quizzes or tests that indicate the extent to which a student may or may not complete a given task. Formative assessments assist teachers in making sound instructional decisions to move forward with content, reteach or modify.
An established set of statements that reflect what a student should be able to do to demonstrate achievement. Often referred to as "I can" statements in Libertyville District 70 classrooms.
Established values utilized to measure student performance, instruction and curriculum. Instruction and curriculum in Libertyville District 70 is aligned to the Illinois Learning Standards.
A distribution of scores obtained from a random group of students by the text developer. Fifty percent of the students will score above the "norm" and fifty percent will score below the "norm" . Norms are used in establishing scoring standards.
A random group of students chosen by a test developer to take a test and produce a range of scores to be used for establishing scoring standards.
Normal Curve Equivalent (NCE)
A score that ranges from 1-99 and is utilized by testing statiticians to manipulate data and effectively make comparisons of students who take the same test. An NCE test score of a 50 is "average".
Norm Reference Test
A test in which a student's performance or a group of student's performance is compared to a norm group. They are valuable in comparing students, schools, district, and states.
A ranking scale from 1-99 with 50 as a median or average. A percentile rank is indicative of a student's performance relative to the norm. Example a percentile rank of 76 indicates that student performed better than 76 of the normed group utilized when developing the test.
The breakdown on percentile rankings into 4 categories. In Libertyville District 70, those students who rank in the lowest quartile on the AIMSWeb (0-25th percentile) may receive RtI assistance.
A scoring guide used in subjective assessments. Rubrics often times contain explicit outcome expectations and have been shown to increase student engagement.
An objective test that is administered and scored in a uniform manner.
Assessment that occurs at the conclusion of a unit of study to measure students' acquisition of skills and knowledge.
Updated 5-4-2012 9:42 AM
* The PRC home page: https://prc.parcconline.org
* The Score Report Interpretation Guide describes the PARCC score reports: http://avocet.pearson.com/PARCC/Home#10829.
* The PARCC Partnership Resource Center (PRC) has a wealth of information including the released items and scoring guides. You can see items at: https://prc.parcconline.org/assessments/parcc-released-items
* The ISBE PARCC website is: http://isbe.state.il.us/assessment/parcc.htm
* Third Grade PARCC Score Wrappers: http://isbe.state.il.us/assessment/pdfs/parcc/2015/score-reports/wrappers/grade3.pdf
* Fourth Grade PARCC Score Wrappers: http://isbe.state.il.us/assessment/pdfs/parcc/2015/score-reports/wrappers/grade4.pdf
* Fifth Grade PARCC Score Wrappers: http://isbe.state.il.us/assessment/pdfs/parcc/2015/score-reports/wrappers/grade5.pdf
* Sixth Grade PARCC Score Wrappers: http://isbe.state.il.us/assessment/pdfs/parcc/2015/score-reports/wrappers/grade6.pdf
* Seventh Grade Score PARCC Wrappers: http://isbe.state.il.us/assessment/pdfs/parcc/2015/score-reports/wrappers/grade7.pdf
* Eighth Grade PARCC Score Wrappers: http://isbe.state.il.us/assessment/pdfs/parcc/2015/score-reports/wrappers/grade8.pdf
* Great Schools Test Guide for Parents: http://www.greatschools.org/gk/common-core-test-guide/?utm_source=PARCC+Updates+12-19-2015&utm_campaign=12.19.15+PARCC+Updates&utm_medium=email
* PARCC 2016 Design Change Infographic: http://isbe.state.il.us/assessment/pdfs/2015/parcc/parcc-test-design-change-graphic0515.pdf
Updated 12-21-2015 10:55 AM
Updated 1-29-2015 8:24 AM
PARCC Illinois Parent Letter
PARCC Illinois Parent Letter
Updated 3-8-2016 3:06 PM
Libertyville District 70 students will be assessed in a variety of ways in the 2016-17 school year. The attached guide provides additional information about STAR, PARCC, Fountas and Pinnell, CogAT, Illinois Science Assessment, KIDS and Fitnessgram assessments.
Updated 8-17-2016 11:58 AM
Interpreting STAR Assessments
Learn more about how to interpret STAR Assessments by downloading and reviewing this powerpoint or by watching the YouTube video (http://youtu.be/WzMCmsAKuRc).
Updated 10-5-2014 3:54 PM